One of the most common things that homeowners are most likely to need help with is that pesky raccoon in their attic. While some may have called animal control, others will search frantically for removal options themselves. In this blog post, we’ll be discussing how to make the process as quick and painless as possible.
What Are Raccoons In The Attic?
Raccoons are small, furry animals that are native to North America. They are often considered pests because of their scavenging behavior. Raccoons in the attic can be a nuisance because they eat food that you store in the attic, steal tools and electronics, and damage property. There are many ways to get rid of raccoons in the attic.
One way to get rid of raccoons is to use a trap. A trap is a device that captures animals by using food as bait. The best traps for getting rid of raccoons in the attic are baited traps that use live raccoon bait. You can buy these traps at most hardware stores.
Another way to get rid of raccoons in the attic is to use poison. Poison can be used to kill raccoons and other small animals. The best poisons for getting rid of raccoons in the attic are baited traps that use live rat or mouse bait. You can buy these traps at most pet stores.
If you do not want to use poison or a trap, you can try scare tactics. Scaring techniques include making loud noises, throwing objects at the animals, and setting off firecrackers near the attic
How Do I Get Rid Of Raccoons In The Attic?
If you’re experiencing issues with raccoons in the attic of your home, there are several safe and effective ways to get rid of them. One option is to use a repellent. There are a variety of raccoon repellents available at most stores, and some are even effective when used in combination with other deterrents.
Another option is to trap the raccoons. You can buy live traps that release a scent that will repel the raccoons. Alternatively, you can use dead-traps, which capture the animals but don’t release them.
Finally, you can use noise deterrents to scare the raccoons away. This includes using a fan or playing recordings of animal noises outside the home.
Removing Dead Animal Smells
There are a number of ways to safely get rid of raccoons in the attic. One way is to remove the dead animal smells that raccoons like to live in. One way to do this is to pour a pot of boiling water onto the carcass and wait 30 minutes. This will kill any fleas or other parasites that may be living on the carcass and make it smell bad to the raccoon.
Another way to get rid of raccoons is to use a live trap. This trap will catch the raccoon alive, so you can release it somewhere else where it can no longer bother your property. Make sure to set the trap in an area where there are no human or pet accesses, as a coon may try to get into the trap and injure itself.
1. Prevention is the best way to avoid raccoon problems in the attic. Try to keep food storage areas clean and free of garbage.
2. Seal any open spaces in the roofline using flashing or insulation. Raccoons prefer poorly sealed spaces for entry and can gain access through these openings.
3. Keep your attic accessible only during daylight hours. Close all doors and windows from the inside so that racoons cannot enter by night.
4. Install a motion sensor on an outdoor feeder that provides fresh water to your raccoons. This will scare them away from the attic and reduce their chances of raiding your food storage area. Hire to professional pest control services for rid of raccoons in the attic.
Raccoons are a nuisance all around the home, but they can be especially troublesome in the attic. Not only do they cause damage to property, but they can also spread dangerous diseases to humans and other animals. If you want to get rid of raccoons in your attic safely and without causing any damage, follow these tips:
1. Make sure there is food available for them outside of the attic; this will prevent them from coming into the building in search of food.
2. Scare them off with loud noises or flashing lights; this will make it clear that you don’t welcome them and hopefully scare them away permanently. So, to get an appointment dial our toll-free number 02 6105 9139 and receive free and honest quotes. Further, our Pest Control Canberra team will try to revert to you promptly.